Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Not Newly Weds Quite Yet!

I thought that since everyone I care about is all sorts of spread out, it would be a good idea to get this started! Lucas and I are ENGAGED! Woo hoo! Its a great story so I'm gonna tell it to you....

It was the first sunny day that Boise had seen in months! Lucas asked if we could go out for a day date and since thats not unusual I wasn't expecting the inevitable. (He's good at keeping his cool) We went to a really nice lunch at Cottonwood Grill which is a pretty fancy restaurant downtown. Still..... I am clueless... The lunch was muy bueno and very romantic. (We love eachother) He then suggested that we go and see the movie Fools Gold. On our way we passed the Boise temple he commented that he'd like to go there after cuz we hadn't been in a while. All through the movie he played with my ring finger(A little game we played in anticipation for what I thought was a couple of weeks away) We left the movie and drove to the temple. There were a group of youth there kind of milling around and Lucas was stalling saying he didn't want to interrupt anything that might have been going on( Nerves) After a minute they left and we walked around to the bench behind the Angel Moroni. He pulled out his camera and we took a couple pictures just playin around....keep in mind I'm still unsuspecting...He tells me he recieved a letter from a family on his mission that he wanted me to read. When he hands it to me....Its the comfirmation for our temple day! I start to cry(happy and relieved we got the date and time we wanted)...Out of my peripheral vision I see he's getting down on one knee and he opens the box. Inside is the most beautiful ring and he says"Holly, I love you, will you marry me?" Needless to say I was hysterically happy and crying and after a second final blurted out yes! Best moment of my life so far! Well Love You All!

4 comments:

The NC Holmes said...

I love it! I still can't believe you didn't know what was going down Holly! It makes me happy to see you in love. Mom
Keep up the blogging!

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

yay you have a blog! :) love you!

Ephraim and Lauren said...

HOLLY i am so excited for you!!! keep us updated and i want to see pics

MARCHANT FAMILY said...

Hey Holly,
Its the other Holly. I am so glad that you have a blog. I am so excited for you. Congrats. I want to see pictures. Well love ya.
Holly (Payne) Marchant